This recipe stems from my 2015 Burning Man adventure.
One of the ten Burning Man Principles is - 'Gifting'.
One of our gift ideas to the community was to gift yummy pancakes to people passing by on their bikes, anyone could stop to be gifted a delicious pancake, chat and of course, a hug (pre-covid days!) then head back out on their journey.
As we were camping in the desert, this gift needed to have minimal ingredients and be easy to make!
I was so impressed by these pancakes, not only did they taste amazing but there’s something nostalgic about eating pancakes - For me, they remind me of happy childhood memories, eating way too many pancakes with my younger brother.
(Although back then, those pancakes definitely weren't the healthiest version around!)
These Burner pancakes are a great meal to cook at any time of day for a snack or main meal.
Add your favourite toppings, or just eat them plain, it’s up to you.
3 Ingredient Burner Pancakes Recipe
Ingredients: 2 medium ripe bananas, chopped 80g (½ cup) chia seeds 4 large eggs, whisked
(To help it from sticking you may need to add butter, ghee or coconut/macadamia oil to the pan.)
1. Place the banana in a bowl and roughly mash using a fork.
2. Add the chia seeds and mix until well-combined.
3. Add the eggs to the banana and chia seeds and whisk until well-combined. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest and thicken.
4. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat and add a little fat to the pan.
5. Pour a ladleful of the mixture into the pan. Cook for 45 seconds or until the base is golden in colour. Use a spatula to turn the pancake and continue to cook for a further 30 seconds or until golden and cooked through.
6. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture.